Tata Steel Special Economic Zone Limited takes all possible environment friendly measures to offer a safe, clean, green, sustainable and healthy environment to work and enjoy life.
- Single window clearance from Odisha State Pollution Control Board, Electricity Board, Directorate of Factories & Boilers etc. for setting up of a unit in SEZ & Industrial Park.
- Exemption from Public Hearing under Environment Impact Assessment Notification.
- Tata Steel SEZ has applied for Environment Clearance for red category of polluting industries and can accommodate non-polluting service industries in the Coastal Regulation Zone Area.
- Simplified compliance procedures and documentation with an emphasis on self-certification.
- Ambient Online Air Quality Monitoring Facility
- Meteorological station for update on Weather data such as Temperature, Humidity, Rainfall, wind speed & wind direction.
- Compliance Tracker & Management System.
2. Water Supply
Tata Steel Special Economic Zone offers its customers with adequate provision of water supply to meet industrial, residential and non-residential demand of water.
- 15 MLD Desalination Plant as an un-interrupted potable water supply.
- Rain water Harvesting Ponds & Pits
- Best practices adopted for conservation & recycling of water.
- Scientifically designed drainage system keeping in view the historical rainfall intensity of the area & soil conditions.
3. Waste Water Treatment and Sewerage Facility
Tata Steel Special Economic Zone offers its clients a common effluent treatment plant based on the advanced technology & facility for tertiary treatment.
- Common Effluent treatment plant (CETP) to meet the discharge standards.
- Decentralized Sewage treatment plant (STP) to treat the domestic sewage.
- Adequate sewerage system in accordance with the developmental plan.
4. Green Cover and Landscaping
Tata Steel SEZ offers a holistic design approach for maintaining green cover in & around the SEZ and Industrial park promoting environment friendly ambience.
- Ecological & Economically sustainable landscaping.
- Intense green belts with blue & green corridor.
- Indigenous Planting.
- Biodiversity conservation & Enhancement
- Green cover for Air & Noise Pollution Abatement & reducing Heat Island Effect
5. Waste Management
TSSEZ offers end to end waste management solutions to its customers.
- Properly designed enclosures at suitable places for depositing segregated solid waste.
- Membership with the only authorized waste management facility in Odisha operated by Ramky Enviro Engineers Ltd (M/s Odisha Waste Management Facility) to dispose-off Hazardous Wastes.