The Policy for Special Economic Zones brought in by the state government on 18th June 2015 focuses to create an internationally competitive business environment for SEZ and stimulate more efficient use of local resources. The key initiatives to be implemented by the Odisha government are:
- Govt. of Odisha will facilitate process for obtaining necessary approval required from statutory authorities for project approval.
- Govt. will facilitate infrastructure linkages to SEZ site.
- Clearances under labour laws shall be sought independently by the Developer, Co-Developer and Units within the SEZ.
- Special incentive package over and above the Odisha State SEZ policy may be considered on case to case basis for investors.
Infrastructure and Utilities
- Enabling environment to facilitate uninterrupted supply of quality power to the SEZs and the units therein.
- The units within the SEZ would be permitted to set up Captive Power Plants (CPPs).
- The CPPs in the SEZ will also be permitted to establish grid connectivity for evacuation subject to agreement with State Transmission Utility.
- Developer, Co-Developer and the units may procure power from any source through Open Access.
- State Government to facilitate allocation of water available at nearby source for use and obtaining of necessary approvals required from Statutory Authorities.
- Government Land shall be provided to SEZ Developers at concessional rates and IDCO lands shall be leased.
- Preferential treatment to SEZs dedicated to Thrust and Priority sectors and also to large employment generating sectors.
Authorized activities of Developer, Co-Developer & Units ( including contractors and sub-contractors appointed by developers, co-developers & units) within the Processing Area are exempted from:
|Stamp Duty Exemption
||Entry Tax exemption
|100% exemption on fees payable on transfer of land and/or built up space, loan agreements, credit deeds and mortgage executed.
||100% exemption from VAT payable on sales and transactions.
||100% exemption from the payment of Entry Tax on sales and transactions.
||100% exemption from the payment of Electricity duty on sales and transactions.
Read more at: http://investodisha.org/policy-for-special-economic-zones